» Accept the Challenge
» Community Service
» Senior Community
» Prudential Spirit
» Current Volunteer
Senior Community Service Day
On a Friday in late April or early May the whole senior class devotes a day to community service. This tradition began in 1995 and gives students an opportunity to give back to the communities that have given them so much.
• Students sign up to participate at a class meeting held in February. They can form teams and indicate a preference for what kind of project they would like to work on. Each team selects a captain to coordinate their efforts.
• A committee of seniors helps the Community Service Program staff organize the day. Local agencies are contacted and projects developed. Then teams are matched with the projects.
• The committee arranges to have a t-shirt designed which is given to all seniors participating.
• Students contact local businesses to invite them to be sponsors of the day.
• The faculty organizes and prepares breakfast for the seniors before they head out for the day.